Sunday, March 13, 2011

Just Stay


Looking in the mirror, tears falling down,
I don't remember when my grin became a frown.
I was once proud of eternal smiles, being care-free,
But that changed somehow and no one told me.

I'd do anything for anyone who means anything to me,
But slowly I'm opening my eyes and beginning to see.
Everything I'm willing to give, people will take,
But when I'm in need, suddenly there's a break.

I don't get why everything has to be on everyone else's terms,
For once I'd like to say how I feel, and get something in return.
I'm open and loving, accepting of all, yet somehow just continue to fall.
Put myself out there, for what? So I can fall to my knees? Beg and crawl?

Why do you want me when you want me, but not when I want you?
I want something real, in good and bad; able to say together we grew.
Please wipe my tear; I don't ask for much, but I want love, just be here.
Don't run when I say what I'm looking for, just stick by me, stay near.

I'm hurting, I can't find someone that will stay.
I look in the mirror, see scars inside and out, and pray.
I want someone to love my rights and my wrongs,
Who sees my flaws, but also hears the love songs.

Open your eyes and see all I'm willing to give, but don't steal it all away.
Just be with me, don't use me; hold me close, want me and don't stray.
Wipe away the tears once in a while, or just sit with me while I cry,
Let me be me, but let it be by your side.
You do nothing wrong, but also do nothing right,
When I need you, you've left me in the dark, alone and scared at night.
Please be here, don't go away.
Just Stay.



(Sometimes a girl needs to cry, it doesn't matter what anyone else says or does, I believe it's a release that is necessary in order to re-evaluate situations and to be able to see things clearly. I tell women everyday that they need to feel their feelings, take a deep breath and take them all in, yet I ignore my own. I used to think that no one was worth crying over, but I'm realizing that I was wrong. I have had a few beautiful, wonderful men in my life who I've always held out hope on and somehow they always seem to let me down, but strangely they haven't DONE anything, it's just one of those things, but it hurts. And so tonight I cry over them, and they are worth it, but I won't let that hurt who I know I am and I won't let that change that I will always hold out hope for those I really do care about, I will find someone worthy of all that I am willing to give.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love, I want to hear from you!